Panel Debate: ART / FASHION / GENDER: crossover at the age of fluid thought
We are pleased to invite you to attend “Art Fashion Gender: crossover at the age of fluid thought” at Espronceda, Center for Art and Culture in Barcelona.
This public talk follows up a project came to life last January with the exhibition “The Way You Move” curated by Valentina Casacchia where two emerging artists, Remy Uno (Marseille, 1978) and Manuel O. Leyva ( Madrid, 1983), reflected on anamorphosis and the power of ocular vision within figurative paintings.
Later on, Remy Uno has been selected to build a site specific installation at the showroom of Emilio Pucci in Milano representing the Pucci 2017 campaign.
Espronceda will give us all the chance of creating a debate around three terms that cross each other in the above mentioned experiences: art, fashion and gender.
An audience of experts coming from diverse fields will actively animate the discussion.
At the end of the debate, Emmanuel Beyens, current artist in residency will open the doors of his studio to the audience guided by Savina Tarsitano.
GUIDELINES FOR THE PANELISTS
– LIVING IN A LIQUID MODERNITY
– ART & FASHION CONTRIBUTION TO SEXUALISATION – THE STATUS OF GENDER IN CURRENT CULTURE
> FREE DEBATE: intervention of the audience and free debate
- CARLOTAOMS (ELISABET CARLOTA + ELISENDA OMS) FASHION DESIGNERS Generalitat of Catalonia 080 Barcelona Fashion National Award to Emerging Talent 2016
- GUILLEM RODRIGUEZ BERNAT FASHION DESIGNER Selected finalist International Festival of Fashion and Photography in Hyères 2015
- SAVINA TARSITANO HEAD CURATOR OF ESPRONCEDA
- SÍLVIA VENTOSA MUÑOZ CURATOR AT THE MUSEU DEL DISSENY DE BARCELONA
- FABIAN VOGLER ARTIST
Active audience of experts is involved.
Thursday, 13 October, 2016
7:30 – 9:30 pm
Espronceda Center for Art and Culture Barcelona
Carrer D’Espronceda 326 / Nave 4-5-10 www.espronceda.net • firstname.lastname@example.org