Artist in residence program
The artist in residence program (AIR) was launched in 2013. Within the framework of the program, Espronceda invites internationally recognized, but also artists with high potential. We offer a creative and cultural experience for stays between 2 and 12 weeks.
The residency culminates in a exhibition/show in which the works created during the program are in the focus. In addition, this show enables the artist to summarize his/her artistic practice in general, activities and experiences gained at Espronceda via a public artist talk. The artists’ exhibition will remain in the space to be visited for at least 2 weeks after the show.
The program includes:
• Private and shared studios/work space
• Final exhibition during the last week of the program with opening reception
• Design support of invitation cards
• Press-release and promotion
• Email invitation to our mailing list
• Pricing advice and sales support
• International visibility
• Support in social media marketing/PR communication
• Use of multimedia work space
• Support in grant applications before and during the stay
• Connect with international network (galleries, collectors, etc.)
• Be member of the Espronceda community and spirit!
Maximum number of residents: 5 at the same time
Partners are welcome for a short period during the residence
What we are looking for
We want artists with good vibes and a collaborative, open attitude towards the Espronceda community.
Total price for in the Espronceda residency programs 950 EUR / month, including accommodation. encontarte will provide the necessary support and documentation to the selected applicant to require a grant or financial support in their home countries during the application period.
Espronceda can provide the artist with residential facilities during the program period (a private single room) and shared bathroom and kitchen facilities. The facilities are self-catering.
Artists can apply for a grant at Espronceda.
What does the artist give?
A gallery and exhibition sales commission for sales in or after the exhibition: 45% commission.
Participating artists leave a piece of art/work, produced during the residency. Espronceda contributes to the costs of the material.