BASES INTERNATIONAL OPEN CALL
QUINTESSENCE DOME LAB
Open Call for residency in advanced technologies application and artistic immersive/ interactive productions.
Espronceda, Institute of Art and Culture, Barcelona, in cooperation with MIRA Festival, Helsinki XR Center, MEET Digital Culture Center Milan, .3 Institut of Advanced Architecture Innsbruck
and UCA, announce 5 residency grants to participate in the creative residency “Quintessence
Dome Lab” from August 17 to September 13, 2020.
The open call is for artists, creatives and other curious minds, over 18 years, who are interested in knowing how to create immersive/ interactive visual projects using advanced fulldome screen
technologies, Virtual reality, three-dimensional sound, 3D scanners and other amazing technological tools.
1) Free accommodation at the Espronceda Center artist residence facility for participants not resident in Barcelona.
2) Free participation in the scheduled workshops: Technologies and immersive projects with fulldome by Eyesberg Studio / Mira Festival, Media content creation byGarage Stories, interactive art installations by Kimatica Studio
3) Access to all the necessary technological material: computers, VR headsets, 3D scanners, etc. (Espronceda provides all the material, removing the digital barrier for participants).
4) Participation of the selected projects in Ars Electronica Barcelona Garden 2020, with international dissemination.
5) Being part of the IMMENSIVA international network, with institutions such as: Helsinki XR Center, MEET Digital Culture Center Milan, .3 studio Institute of Advanced Architecture Innsbruck and UCA (University of Creative Arts), STARTS and many others.
6) Important: the residence does not offer financial scholarships, travel expenses coverage or an exhibition fee.
CANDIDATE SELECTION PROCESS:
Application period: from 10 July to 25 July 2020.
Applications by email: email@example.com
Documents to send:
Curriculum Vitae (artist bio) with details of the artistic projects developed.
One-page document with an executive summary of the immersive and interactive project to be developed.
Optional: letters of recommendation from professionals or institutions in the educational /cultural sector.
Professional Jury Meeting: July 27, 2020, formed by members of the organizing and
Communication of results: July 28, 2020, by email to the winners. (candidates no selected will receive a final communication during August).
Other obligations of the participants.
1) All participants will sign the Espronceda’s standard residence agreement.
2) Submit a final report of the project developed during the residence.
3) Include the logos of Espronceda Institute of Art and Culture and MIRA Festival in all public
communication of the project.
4) Participate in the Quintessence Dome Lab promotional video.