Theatre in Palm, international project funded by Creative Europe, in which Espronceda is glad to participate, is hosting a digital residency on 6–10 February 2023.
The residency is aimed at emerging theatre artists or performing arts students, recent graduates (0–5 years), people interested in gaining new professional competences and making new openings in the field of performing arts, and other newcomers in the field of professional theatre.
We are now looking for emerging theatre and performing artists for the first digital residency in Espronceda Institute of Art & Culture, Barcelona via an OPEN CALL.
The theme of the residency is ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT. The impulse material and starting point for collaboration in residency work is:
- Antigone -play and in particular the study of the moral contradictions of the characters in the play of Sophocles
- Opening Speech of António GUTERRES (U.N. Secretary-General) in the climate conference Egypt on 7th of November 2022
- as well as chosen object important to emerging artist oneself that symbolizes a value or a thing that you do not want to lose
In each of the 12 Theatre in Palm countries,
5 selected artists-in-residence will form a group that will work together locally, face-to-face.
These groups will get to co-operate deeply with another partner country’s group, forming a joint duo online residency. All 12 residencies will work together in joint online meetings. The work is scheduled, organized, and guided by experienced mentors, providing opportunities for deep transnational co-operation, networking, and personal mentoring for their own artistic work.
What we offer:
– A one-week residency
– We offer each selected artist a fee of 250 euros
– Possibility to present the created project in public in the following months of 2023
– Training and mentorship
– Opportunity to work in an international environment and collaborate with artists and mentors from 12 different European countries
– Possibility of joining the Espronceda network and the European project network
You can apply for residency if you are:
- An emerging artist in the field of performing arts
- Willing to collaborate/co-operate outside of your own profession
- Interested in international career opportunities and networks
- Prepared to work in English (the project language)
- You already have an idea, concept, or piece of unfinished work that you wish to develop further
Application for residency
by 31 December 2022
Full details of the Open Call on our website: theatreinpalm.com