European Theatre platform for supporting emerging artists cooperation and resilience
Theatre in Palm is conducted on the basis of the Creative Europe, Sub-programme European Platforms for the promotion of emerging artists (CREA-CULT-2021- PLAT) and is fully contributing to the objectives set out in the Programme.
2022 – 2025
The The Platform “European Theatre platform for supporting emerging artists cooperation and resilience” (Theatre in Palm) acts as an incubator for new voices from the page to the stage with main emphasis on their professional development and enhancement of their cooperation with artists and artist organisations from other platform countries. The platform will involve in its activities about 3.504 emerging artists from which 384 will receive financial or institutional support to co-create, educate, and develop their skills and promote their work. Theatre in Palm is conducted on the basis of the Creative Europe, Sub-programme European Platforms for the promotion of emerging artists (CREA-CULT-2021- PLAT) and is fully contributing to the objectives set out in the Programme. Specifically, it aims to increase the visibility and the circulation of European emerging artists and works outside their own borders, in Europe and beyond. It also seeks to increase access to and participation in cultural events and activities, as well as audience engagement and development. The project is also designed to contribute to the implementation of EU policy priorities in the culture field. In this regard, the circulation of artists and works can contribute to the activation of new and/or more sustainable cultural public spaces. The platform can be defined as showcase/springboard platform composed of a coordinating organisation and 11 member organizations with a common artistic editorial and branding strategy. The Platform is defined as a platform of international and intercultural co-creation, created among 12 organizations from 12 EU countries, and aiming at supporting emerging artists and cultural performers to co-create, cooperate, and promote their work, developing a common European programming of non-national artists and trainings.
- Increase the visibility and the circulation of European emerging artists and works outside their own borders
- Enhancing artistic and cultural cooperation at European level in order to support the creation of European works and strengthen the economic, social and external dimension of and innovation and mobility in Europe’s cultural and creative sectors
- Supporting new models of creation, showcasing and exhibition, export strategy and distribution, and mobility and exchange
- Contributing to increasing the sectors’ environmental sustainability and awareness by demonstrating a capacity to propose and develop practices that contribute to the European Green
- Promoting equal opportunities, better working conditions and fair remuneration
- Increase the access to and the participation in cultural events and activities (audience development and engagement)
‘Theatre in Palm’ will bring together all of the Platform’s efforts to design, produce and present to the public what the platform BRAND really means. Other activities, such as “Emerging space”, “Repository”, “Coffee Talks”, “Academy” and “Nomadic map”, are focused on this one, thereby accentuating the impact of such a strategy on the European public, in order to meet the specific objectives of the Platform project grant. Additionally, Theatre in Palm is working on the artistic and cultural cooperation at the European level in order to support the creation of European works and strengthen the economic, social, and external dimension of and innovation and mobility in Europe’s cultural and creative sectors. Specifically, as part of the platform work will support the creation of 126 unique theatre plays.
ESPRONCEDA INSTITUTE OF ART & CULTURE
SMASHING TIMES INTERNATIONAL CENTRE
Project management and researcher: Alessia Gervasone
Communication: Renata Procopio
First Digital Residency – 6th February 2023 at Espronceda